Tuesday 2 October 2007

Catching Up

I went to a scrapping class at Scrapbooking Anonymous on Sunday and caught up with my good friend Kathryn who reminded me that it had been awhile since I had blogged.


So, for Kathryn (and anyone else out there who reads this) here's an update on what's been happening.
  • I had a great day demonstrating Fiskars at Spotlight in Mount Gambier - Nicky (the craft manager) was great and had everything all set up for me. I enjoyed working with their staff and customers and the new Fiskars punches and Shapecutter are great.

  • We're on school holidays here - starting today. I've managed to get both weeks off for a much needed rest and chance to spend some time with the family. Got off to a good start today - hardly saw the boys as they played with Brad from next door. Had to laugh as they decided that a picnic lunch was the way to go. Here's a picture - as they tucked into sandwiches, sausage rolls and other yummy bits.



  • Football season has officially finished. We went to Adelaide twice to see Port Power play Fremantle and then the Kangaroos in the finals. I'm secretly glad that we decided not to try and get Grand Final tickets. They had a great season even though their last match was pretty bad!

  • Footy has finished for Ryan too! It's now cricket season. He's playing for the West Under 12's and after a couple of practices is showing promise as a fast bowler. His first match is in a fortnight.

  • Bowen is playing basketball and Milo cricket this season - both start in the next couple of weeks.
  • Ryan also decided to try out for SAPSASSA Athletics. He represented the school in 100m, 200m, 800m and high jump, competing against other 9 year olds in the district. He won the 800m and came 2nd in the 100m - how exciting! We were disappointed to find out that 9 year olds aren't allowed to compete in Adelaide, maybe next year.

  • Let's see - on the scrapping front, I can now let you know that I am a Barn Girl for Remember When Scrapbooking. I've already designed a number of layouts and you can see them here. Kathy has the biggest range of Bazzill anywhere and is now designing chipboard and bazzill laser shapes - both retail and now wholesale. I've been enjoying using them. Here's a couple of the layouts I have done.



2 comments:

Kathryn said...

Hurrah you blogged! Thanks from your fan, Kathryn. Love the lunch on the lawn photo - what better way to enjoy your hols!

Congrats on the design team appointment - I already check out that one too!

Chrissy said...

Well done on becoming a Barn Girl Deb! Woohoo, fab news! Have a lovely holiday break with your kiddies, sounds like you are off to a good start!

Take care
Chrissy x